Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

"Another Arabian Night..."

It's been too many "Arabian Nights" since I posted last because I am beginning to forget things. Before we launch into Arabian Nights, here are a few more Northwest memories (above): one last Woods (Coffee) stop, a 15 passenger van that was lent to us and my parents drove back for us (sooooo blessed), and leis @ SeaTac from our sweet Coral-Mom-Grmie :) (yes, the "a" is gone from Gramie). Here is a list of amazing Arabian things we've experienced (we've been here THREE weeks, like three wishes, "count 'em: one, two, three!"): 21: L lost his front, top tooth! 20: @ Mall of the Emirates we watched a special Chinese dragon and monkey dance (it's the year of the monkey--Happy Chinese New Year, ya'll!) 19: visited with our future landlord @ his home, and he gave the kids soda and ice cream Mars bars 18: attended a garage sale and was given some SCREAMING deals to help set up our villa ('fridge, stove/oven, washer, etc.) 1

Risky

Silence on this blog for years. At the risk of sounding cliche, this puppy needs some updating. Hesitation creeps in because I don't want to risk sounding self-absorbed & narcissistic (I perused some old blog posts and man, does the writing seem egotistical). It seems that some of it was unintentional--as a good friend observed: women tend to take up "posturing" around one another. I am sorry for my offenses and God is still working on me. I am also sorry for all of my immaturity, America. I am sorry for words I should not have said, attitudes I should not have had, and, things that I should not have done. Thank you friends and family for helping me, loving me in spite of my short-comings, and providing a place for growth. I am not a professional writer, nor am I a professional photographer. This blog is for family and friends. And, even if you are part of the family or a friend, please do not read this if you don't care, and/or if you don't like t

I'm Dreaming of Snow...and Christmas

About the time that Facebook blew up with snowy pictures and I viewed the lovely, glowy branches that were marshmallow covered with snow in my parents' back yard, I had a dream: I was sledding in Whatcom County with a friend (you know who you are!)--no kids ('twas a dream!). Atop the dream hill, I shared my heart (I was thinking of Dubai and our 1st Christmas here and said,), "It doesn't feel like Christmas."  My kind-hearted friend heard me, smiled, and gently replied, "It's about Jesus." Truth! While we were in darkness, he lighted the way for us to see God and live in a relationship with him. " The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shone."  Isaiah 9:2 That feels like Christmas to me!  In snow or sand--his light shines and he is with us. Merry Christmas!