Skip to main content

Thoughts: 2 Timothy introduction

I love the Bible!

Today, Thru the Bible started 2 Timothy and Dr McGee called it Paul's 'swan song.' He mentioned another author's swan song as well--if you like, please read 2 Timothy or check out the free resources and/or listen for yourself at TTB.org (or with the app--my fave!). 

The mention of swan songs reminds me that events, things, attention, etc are all finite. Earth is finite. I am finite. Or as an introduction to 2 Timothy states: "The average human lifespan is longer now than it used to be. But the death rate is still 100 percent" (CSB, Life Counsel Bible). 

However, the Creator of the skies, the earth and everything in it, and humanity is infinite! And, we can be connected with Him by grace through faith in Jesus! 

As Paul wrote: "He has saved us and called us with a holy calling not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jeus before time began. This has now been made evident through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who has abolished death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel" (2 Timothy 1:9-10; emphasis added).

Although "the death rate is 100 percent," Jesus promised life (above and 2 Timothy 1:1-2)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Another Arabian Night..."

It's been too many "Arabian Nights" since I posted last because I am beginning to forget things. Before we launch into Arabian Nights, here are a few more Northwest memories (above): one last Woods (Coffee) stop, a 15 passenger van that was lent to us and my parents drove back for us (sooooo blessed), and leis @ SeaTac from our sweet Coral-Mom-Grmie :) (yes, the "a" is gone from Gramie). Here is a list of amazing Arabian things we've experienced (we've been here THREE weeks, like three wishes, "count 'em: one, two, three!"): 21: L lost his front, top tooth! 20: @ Mall of the Emirates we watched a special Chinese dragon and monkey dance (it's the year of the monkey--Happy Chinese New Year, ya'll!) 19: visited with our future landlord @ his home, and he gave the kids soda and ice cream Mars bars 18: attended a garage sale and was given some SCREAMING deals to help set up our villa ('fridge, stove/oven, washer, etc.) 1

Risky

Silence on this blog for years. At the risk of sounding cliche, this puppy needs some updating. Hesitation creeps in because I don't want to risk sounding self-absorbed & narcissistic (I perused some old blog posts and man, does the writing seem egotistical). It seems that some of it was unintentional--as a good friend observed: women tend to take up "posturing" around one another. I am sorry for my offenses and God is still working on me. I am also sorry for all of my immaturity, America. I am sorry for words I should not have said, attitudes I should not have had, and, things that I should not have done. Thank you friends and family for helping me, loving me in spite of my short-comings, and providing a place for growth. I am not a professional writer, nor am I a professional photographer. This blog is for family and friends. And, even if you are part of the family or a friend, please do not read this if you don't care, and/or if you don't like t

I'm Dreaming of Snow...and Christmas

About the time that Facebook blew up with snowy pictures and I viewed the lovely, glowy branches that were marshmallow covered with snow in my parents' back yard, I had a dream: I was sledding in Whatcom County with a friend (you know who you are!)--no kids ('twas a dream!). Atop the dream hill, I shared my heart (I was thinking of Dubai and our 1st Christmas here and said,), "It doesn't feel like Christmas."  My kind-hearted friend heard me, smiled, and gently replied, "It's about Jesus." Truth! While we were in darkness, he lighted the way for us to see God and live in a relationship with him. " The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shone."  Isaiah 9:2 That feels like Christmas to me!  In snow or sand--his light shines and he is with us. Merry Christmas!